Good evening Coaches!
Happy Family Day! What a beautiful day out there today, I hope everyone has had the opportunity to take advantage of the 3-day weekend! We are fast approaching the end of the season… and every year, it always amazes me how fast the 8-week season goes by. As we make our way to the end of program, I would like to take this time to reflect on our successes for the 2013 season:
– Our SBX program has once again received some outstanding results. The race team has been competing both in Ontario and in the US and on both occasions, the athletes have achieved some outstanding results! Congrats to the team. I hope you all saw the SBX video that I posted a few weeks ago made by one of the athletes. What a great group! In case you missed it, here is the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdOw_tJNgbA&feature=player_embedded
– Our Junior Houseleague athletes have seen some tremendous improvement in abilities and race results- we saw that this past weekend with the times in their 2nd timed race! Great job team!
– Our U10 non-travelling athletes had the opportunity to participate in 3 inter-club races & they all had a blast!
– Our U12, U14, U16 & U18 athletes have all done a fantastic job adapting to the new racing program and have all achieved some great results!
Whew! What a great season thus far! And it is not yet over! I have been receiving some questions about program end dates and other happenings in the next few weeks so I thought I would combine a week #7 & #8 update into one, here is what planned for the next 2 weeks:
Monday, Feb 18:Today! Happy Family Day! Session this evening with Karson at 7pm on Effective course setting- meet at the A-Frame.
Tuesday, Feb 19: TNT adults training night- plan is a full gate SL and a stubbie SL down t-bar lane, set banner down the side and no nets necessary. LAST session with Karson on coaching tactics for the U16 & U18 athletes- starts at 7pm- meet at the A-Frame.
Wednesday, Feb 20: GS Training for U16 & U18 athletes. Set-up crew, we will be setting the course down our regular lane… please set banner and 2 blue nets in the finish along with a red B-net on the tower for safety. 1 GS course will be set for all.
Thursday, Feb 21: GS training for all athletes U10-U14. U10 & U12 athletes will be having some fun in the gates while the U14 athletes will be training for the finals this upcoming weekend. Set-up crew, please set 2 GS courses on our regular race lane- 2 blue nets at the bottom and banner down the side. You can set the GS for the U14 inside the tower and the GS for the U12 & U10 outside the tower.
Friday, Feb 22: Extra Training scheduled for U14-U18- we will be training GS at Home.
Saturday, Feb 23: Theme day: Halloween! We have a full day planned of activities relating to the theme of Halloween for all U10 & U12 athletes! All JHL will also be participating in the morning! I encourage all coaches to dress up . This will be the last Saturday training day for all.
Sunday, Feb 24: U18 are at home training, Stay tuned for more details from your coach/coordinator. Coaches are Rick & Scott.
*** All U14 & U16 athletes will be away racing at Finals. Please refer to your tab for details on locations, etc..
Monday, Feb25: No Programs
Tuesday, Feb 26: Last TNT sessions & there will be a GS timed event to celebrate the last day. Course will be set down our regular race lane, Will will be in charge of timing.
Wednesday, Feb 27: Last U16 & U18 training day. SL stubbie DUAL course will be set so athletes can enjoy racing each other. Set-up crew, please set banner down old-t-bar lane.
Thursday, Feb 28: Last U10-U14 training day. Stubbie SL courses will be set so athletes can enjoy racing each other. Set-up crew, please set banner down old-t-bar lane.
Friday, March 1: No Friday training
Saturday, March 2: Family FUN DAY. I will need 4 coaches to come out and help me set for the day, preference will be given to the coaches that have experience running races as we need to operate the timing system, etc…Please email me if interested.
A few other reminders:
– Evaluations are due on the last day of program, please speak with your training group leader regarding when they would like to review them.
– Banquet is the first weekend of April, a reminder that all coaches are invited! If you would like to bring a +1- you will need to purchase a ticket for them, more details coming out soon about how to do this.
I think that is all for now
Thanks so much for all your hard work. As always, let me know if you have any questions