To say that this was an awesome weekend would be an understatement! Fantastic training, no line-ups, sun, what more could we ask for?! Congrats coaches on delivering the first official weekend of league! Congrats to the red team at their race on Sunday!
A reminder that Payroll is due very soon, please get in on the blog and submit your hours. I was reminded that I didn’t include the # of hours to be submitted for JHL,- coaches please enter 4.5.
I will be back tomorrow at some point with a weekly update. For all coaches who are working High School Racing. Can you please meet me in the clubhouse for 6:30pm.
have a great night!
Good morning coaches!
Something that Will, Kent and I wanted to implement this season was an opportunity for “ALL” coaches to set and run a session during the 8-week program. I have completed a tentative schedule for league coaches for Wednesday and Thursday evenings, please read: Coach setting assignment 2012- updated Jan 2, 2012.
Let me explain further:
1. Set-up crew works from 4:30-6:30pm to set-up the banner, netting, etc…
2. Coaches who’s name appears for that night will be responsible for:
– Sending me via email your lesson plans (including the set you will be doing) by the due date indicated in the attached file above. Please make sure that you chat with all the other coaches training that night and incorporate their training needs into your plan.
– Coming at least 1/2 an hour early (6pm) to set the course with the help of the set-up crew.
– Run an on-snow session with all the coaches from 6:30-7:00pm where you will be explaining the focus for the evening and where your set fits in.
– Responsible for running a debrief session at the end of the night (9:30-9:45pm) in the clubhouse while folks change to head home. Please cover how your plan was executed, its success, comments on how teams and coaches were doing with the set… any changes you made or would have made throughout the night, etc…
And that is all.
Pretty simple right? This way, everyone has the opportunity to set and run a session which will help with your coach development. If you need any help with developping your lesson, please make use of the reference materials in the clubhouse (on the shelves near the projector screen) or ask myself, Kent or Will for assistance. A reminder that your lesson/plan for the night including your discipline of choice must be emailed me to by the Sunday night prior to your week assigned- this way I can compile a training plan for the week and include it on the weekly update both on the coach and parents blog.
Any questions, please ask? if you are unavailable for your week, let me know and I can make some changes. Please note that any further changes to this document will be made and the most current version will be saved under the “docs to go section”.
Good morning coaches!
Let me start off my apologizing for a delayed weekly update- I will do my best to have these up on Mondays for consistency. Hope everyone is doing well- I know many of you are done exams and hopefully almost done your Christmas shopping (as the malls are CRAZY nowadays!). A few updates for this week:
- Opening date for Glen Eden: I know some of you are aware that GE has delayed their opening date to December 26th- this decision was made to preserve their snow making efforts. For more information on snow condition, check out their website www.gleneden.on.ca or see my post on the “parent’s blog” for some pictures of snow coverage http://mhrcinfo.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/christmas-camp-for-league-racers-day-1/. So what does this mean for us? Glen Eden’s snow-making crew has been working night and day and extremly hard to make snow during every possible opportunity and I am confident that we will have a fair amount of open terrain to work with on day 1 of camp. So bottom line- don’t worry… we will be skiing on the 26th!
- Congrats! To all the newly “trained” EL coaches! Looking forward to having you as part of our team this season!
- Coats and Passes: Some of you have been sending me panic emails asking “when you will be getting your season’s pass?!!” No worries, Visitor’s services are printing all coaches and apprentice passes as I am typing this post and I will have them available for you on day 1. Coats on the other hand will be available for pick-up for coaches and apprentices on December 29th. I am awaiting some more information regarding times- as soon as I have this info, I’ll spread the word!
- Licensing Credits: I received an updated file from Jennifer from the snow school with information on who is and isn’t licensed for 2011-12 season… I sent out an email last night to all of you who appear to still be “unlicensed” for the season. A reminder that you have until the end of the week to provide Jenn and I this information via email (email@example.com) in order to be working this season.
- Start time on day 1: I would like to request that ALL coaches who are working December 26th (this is all league coaches) to be in the clubhouse for 7:45am on December 26. Start time for 26th will go as follows: Assessments will take place from 8:45-9:30am and camp will run from 9:30am-3:00pm with 1/2 lunch. We will discuss who is taking lunch when, on Monday morning during our meeting. It is imperative for everyone to be in the clubhouse at this time (7:45am)- we have a LOT of information to cover since our last time together.
- Christmas Camp Teams: Coordinators are working on christmas camp team lists (if you are curious how the teams are formed- it is completely random using a formula) and will be emailing them to you by the end of the week. A reminder that teams will be rotating in order to provide racers the opportunity to ski at least 1 day with every coach at their league level- I will communicate to you how this change will work.
- Your team: You are probably wondering “when you will find out which team you are coaching? ” Great question! Just as we will be posting the teams on Jan 1st at 12noon on the blog http://mhrcinfo.wordpress.com we will be posting coache allocations at the same time. Keeping this information quiet until the 1st of Jan will ensure that all racers and coaches are treated the same during camp.
I believe that is all for now. If you have any questions about this information, don’t hesitate to contact me directly. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and see you on Boxing Day!
Saturday- no canteen- bring your own lunch or take a walk to the sunset chalet
Sunday- catered lunch for all start participants, everyone else should be bringing a lunch also.