Good evening Coaches! Last post in 2011!
Can you believe Christmas camp has come to an end and that we are about to start the year of 2012?! time sure flies by! I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for what was another successful Christmas camp. You all did a fantastic job with remembering all the racers’ names, keeping them entertained, being creative with our ever-so-changing-plans, and keeping smiles on the racers’ faces- so THANK YOU! I know that this week had its challenges but I do think that you all did a fantastic job with keeping everyone’s attitudes positive and this certainly made my job much easier.
Thanks to the K2 and J coaches for helping run a successful day of time trials at Mount St Louis yesterday. I also heard that the NG and K1’s had a good, but foggy training day yesterday. I hope you all enjoyed your day off today:) and it was well-deserved! Thank you to all the coaches who came out and coaches during Christmas camp! We could not have done it without you- thanks for all your help.
I will be working on the list of coaches for Monday Night HS as well as set-up crew in the next 2 days and emailing those who will be working separately. Please do let me know if you are interested in either one of these 2 working opportunities. I hope you all have a great week and a reminder that programs all begin the weekend of January 7th and 8th. I will ask that coaches (all league) please be on snow for 7:30am (unless otherwise noted later on this week on the blog) and JHL coaches to be on snow for 8am.
Happy new year to all and a reminder that team lists will be posted tomorrow on the parents’ blog. I’ll link the document to this blog so you can all know who is coaching what and who is on your teams.
Once again, thanks for all your hard work, it certainly did not go unnoticed.
see you in 2012.
Quick note to thank you ALL…for a fantastic first day. I was busy moving equipment back into the gate cabana and putting new gear together as well as doing new racer assessments today but do plan on making my rounds to all the teams tomorrow. Great job to everyone on keeping the racers engaged and enthusiastic throughout the entire day and only using 2 runs! See you all in the clubhouse at 7:45am tomorrow morning! Looking forward to a great day 2. Hope you all get some well deserved rest this evening!
Good afternoon Team!
Hope you are all doing well and eager to get on snow. I know that some of you drove a fair bit this weekend to find some white stuff– please send pictures along and I can post them on the blog! So, another week has gone by and it is time for another update…
Training make-up: Hope those of you who missed the training on Nov 12/13 have already RSVP’s to the training on the 20th. This is mandatory and a condition of your employment for you to complete this training. I am still waiting on a date for the Nov 26th make-up training date, as soon as I have it, I’ll make sure to post it on the BLOG.
On-Snow Training Update: I am sure most of you have been watching the weather network as much as I have and you have noticed that the 14 day trend is showing a few cold days but also some warm ones. If you have had a chance to drive by the hill, you would have noticed that they have had the opportunity to make a fair amount of snow… however in order to preserve their snow efforts through the next few hot days, GE has decided to postpone their opening date to December 23rd, 2011. What does this mean? Well it means that you have all weekend to do your christmas shopping and that you don’t have to be at training! Please note that we will NOT be scheduling a make-up session for this weekend’s on-snow training, we will do our best to cover the information that was planned for the session during Christmas camp.
What’s next: The next time, we will be seeing each other will be 8am on snow on the 26th. I will keep you posted on any updates or changes from this on the BLOG so do make sure to be checking it on a regular basis.
Christmas camp schedule: In the next week, I will be working on a Christmas camp schedule that I will email out to all league coaches and christmas camp fill-in coaches. Please make sure to be checking your emails frequently as I will want immediate feedback on the schedule once you receive it. Thank you for your help with this.
Apprentices: You should have already received an email about our weekend training being cancelled, we will make this up on Sat Jan 7th. This will be your first apprenticing shift and you will be expected to arrive and be on snow for 7:30am.
Lastly, a few housekeeping rules:
- I will be sending offers of employment for Monday High School Racing sometime this week or next, do respond if you are still interested
- I know that other resorts may decide to postpone their opening day as well, if this affects you as you registered for a course, a reminder that you must be certified and must be licensed prior to your first shift. If you think that you will not be able to fulfill this requirement, do let me know. In terms of other licensing options- a reminder that you can also complete online modules. For all level 1 courses that are cancelled, do note that they will be reschedule and that it is your responsibility to sign-up for a new course.
- If you are interested in working set-up crew, please let me know asap as well as your days of availabilities. Set-Up crew is from 4:30-6:30pm from Tuesday-Thursday.
I do believe that is all for now. Thanks for keeping yourself updated through the BLOG. A reminder that if I have not received an email back from you with an acceptance of your offer of employment, unless we have spoken in person or via email, your offer has now been revoked. Should you still be interested in working for the season, an email outlining why you were late responding will be necessary for consideration.
Since we will not be seeing each other until after Christmas. Hope you all have a happy and safe start to your holiday season. Best wishes to those of you registered for a course!
Posted in cancelled, certifications, CSCF course, general info, holiday camp, information, On-snow, weekly update
Tagged 2011-12 season, CSCF credits, information, preparing for the ski season, weekly coach update
Thank you all coaches for making this week a successful Christmas camp! We had more gates in the ground at this time of the year than we ever had! I am happy that we were able to session all together for the 1st 3 days of camp and I was even more happy to be able to witness all of you adding some of our discussion items into your coaching. Congrats to everyone who participated in Time trials yesterday and today- I saw some great skiing and racing out there!
I wanted to wish you guys a Happy new year and remind you again to check the blog on a daily basis. I also sent some emails out about Highschool racing, set-up crew and the start of programs- so make sure to check your inbox! A reminder that programs begin this week- when coaching on an evening, you MUST be on snow for 6:30pm at the gate cabana.We WILL be doing some sessions from 6:30-7:00pm every Wednesday and Thursday evenings & you will be meeting with your team leaders at the end of the night for 15-30 minutes.
Once again, happy 2011 ALL!
More first day stuff…
I have the season passes of the following coaches: Greg Cummings, John Clarke, Lauren Arthur, Kristin Antonakos, Dayna Hellman, Stephen Ehrat (congrats to the previous 4 for passing their EL CSCF course!!!) Shireen Ahmed, Brian Opitz, Will Parsons, Brenna Smith, Kattie Laur, Thomas Szolsytek, Dustin Titus, Heidi Holmberg, Alex Hirniak, Blake Hillier, Alex Hayes, Danielle Hayes.
If you DO NOT see your name in that list and HAVE NOT obtained your pass, head to Customer Service and get your pass in the normal way. If you do, then I will give it to you when first I see you. I have waivers for the passes in the clubhouse that must be signed if you haven’t done so already.
Happy hols, y’all…
Hope you are all ready for the holidays and it is literally just around the corner! Today is the 1st day of Winter but luckily we have been blessed with cold weather and lots of snow for almost the entire month of December! Which if course means an awesome Holiday camp- it will be folks!
A few gentle reminders:
– ALL coaches should be on snow, at the gate cabana with skis on and full uniform on the 26th at 8:00am. For every 5 minutes that you are late, you will be docked an hour of pay so please please, be on time! I want to pay you as much as you want to get paid so sets your alarm clocks, wake up your parents and make sure you are there on time.
– A little HOMEWORK for you all. In order to help me better prepare the rest of our coaching sessions for the week, please bring along with you a sheet of paper that clearly outlines what you think are limitations for you to reach your maximum potential as a skier and as coach. Please also write down some possible solutions to get around these limitations- i.e. tactical- turn shape and line in a steep course (limitation because of our usual training terrain at Glen Eden & how you would get around this limitation. EX- maximize training on steeper and longer slopes after races at other clubs, etc…)I would like you all to use the TTPPEE approach- if you are not sure what that is… look through your coaching books or ask a friend. Please put some thought into this- you will be handing it in to your team leader on the 26th at 8am; team leaders you can hand yours in to me.
– SL is the plan for the 1st day of training- please make sure that you lead by example and have proper equipment on the 1st day of coaching- Twin tips are NOT ok to coach in and helmets other than your racing helmets are also forbidden. Make sure your skis are adjusted- dims and skis are tuned and ready to go.
– My plan is to do as much gate training as possible over the course of the camp, if you would like to set at all over the camp, READ the rules for your league and be familiar with course setting guidelines.
– Coaches who are also racers will have the ability to do some extra gate training from 3-4pm on December 27th & 28th after coaching. If you are interested in doing this extra training- please come with your proper equipment- reminder that you cannot ski gates with your coaching jacket! & be prepared to help re-set and tear down at the end. If either of these days, coaches are left to tear down on their own, this will be the last time that we extend this opportunity- 27th will be SL training for sure and 28th TBD.
Thanks everyone! wishing you all a happy holiday! Hope you enjoy your break and see you all on the 26th! A reminder that if you have any questions pertaining to league OR rules, your questions should be directed to myself and/or your team leader 1st.