Good afternoon everyone!
My apologies with the delay in getting this weekly update out! I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for week 3 of programs?! I have a few items to bring to your attention this week but first things first, here’s a rough outline of what this week has in stores for us:
Mon: Freestyle and snowboard development team
Tue: Adult Houseleague and Masters; we have a timing night on our schedule and we will go ahead with this plan for now. I would like to use the brower timing system and simply count this a timed training night. We will set GS Full gates on race hill (outside of the tower). Depending on conditions, we can see about setting a second course for training, but with today’s rain, I am worried about snow depth. Tuesday night certifying folks & apprentices… please meet Kent for 7pm unless you are running the session, then meet him for 6:30pm in clubhouse.
Wed: Tyler is in charge of the set as it is his night to run a session- he will be setting GS panels on OLD T-Bar Lane. Please set 2 nets for the finish area. If snow allows, I would also like to set another GS course on Boomerang since all teams are racing GS this weekend.
Thur: Snowboard race team will train. Martin will be setting for the K1s as it is his night to set, he will be setting a pannelled SL course down our normal race lane. We will also be setting a FUll gate SL course for the K1 groups who are training this so do prepare your groups for full SL gear if applicable.
Fri: extra training. Stubbie SL and full gate SL training. Please push with K1 parents who need to get their kids feeling more comfortable with training full gate SL courses.
Sat: all teams are away. JHL will be spirit day. an email to come from me
Sun: all ski teams away. Snowboard race team away. Freestyle at home.
A few other details:
- A reminder that as an employee, if you are unsure about something relating to your employment or have a question, please inquire with your evening supervisor or myself. I ask that all coaches take responsibility for their own employment. Although as supervisors, we want to provide great customer service, we will no longer be answering about coaching and employment questions through the employee’s parents.
- Hours are due this week. Please make sure to complete hours for the pay period ending this week.
- Coaching conflicts: I know some of you will have conflicts for the Feb 4th and 11th weekend, please refer back to the contact list I sent you at the beginning of the season and contact coaches who are NOT normally coaching on these days to fill in for you. A few suggestions: Scott, Mike B, Danielle, Heidi, Meghan, etc….and any K2 and J coaches who normally would be free on a Sat.
- Great job making Smurf Day fun folks! thanks for keeping in with the smurf spirit!
- All stars- as some of you may know already; We will be hosting All stars this season again and will need all hands on deck. Please email me or let me know in person if you are available on Feb 5th and can come out to help. I will be blogging about coaching arrangements and team training for this day once plans have been finalized.
- Mid – season is upon us. Evals are due next week. I will be posting today or tomorrow more details around mid season racer evaluations.
- Supervisors will also be completing coach evaluations this week and next and you will be asked to meet and sit down with a supervisor to go over your evaluation shortly.
As always, if you have any questions, please ask! Have a good week everyone!