Good morning coaches!
Let me start off my apologizing for a delayed weekly update- I will do my best to have these up on Mondays for consistency. Hope everyone is doing well- I know many of you are done exams and hopefully almost done your Christmas shopping (as the malls are CRAZY nowadays!). A few updates for this week:
- Opening date for Glen Eden: I know some of you are aware that GE has delayed their opening date to December 26th- this decision was made to preserve their snow making efforts. For more information on snow condition, check out their website www.gleneden.on.ca or see my post on the “parent’s blog” for some pictures of snow coverage http://mhrcinfo.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/christmas-camp-for-league-racers-day-1/. So what does this mean for us? Glen Eden’s snow-making crew has been working night and day and extremly hard to make snow during every possible opportunity and I am confident that we will have a fair amount of open terrain to work with on day 1 of camp. So bottom line- don’t worry… we will be skiing on the 26th!
- Congrats! To all the newly “trained” EL coaches! Looking forward to having you as part of our team this season!
- Coats and Passes: Some of you have been sending me panic emails asking “when you will be getting your season’s pass?!!” No worries, Visitor’s services are printing all coaches and apprentice passes as I am typing this post and I will have them available for you on day 1. Coats on the other hand will be available for pick-up for coaches and apprentices on December 29th. I am awaiting some more information regarding times- as soon as I have this info, I’ll spread the word!
- Licensing Credits: I received an updated file from Jennifer from the snow school with information on who is and isn’t licensed for 2011-12 season… I sent out an email last night to all of you who appear to still be “unlicensed” for the season. A reminder that you have until the end of the week to provide Jenn and I this information via email (email@example.com) in order to be working this season.
- Start time on day 1: I would like to request that ALL coaches who are working December 26th (this is all league coaches) to be in the clubhouse for 7:45am on December 26. Start time for 26th will go as follows: Assessments will take place from 8:45-9:30am and camp will run from 9:30am-3:00pm with 1/2 lunch. We will discuss who is taking lunch when, on Monday morning during our meeting. It is imperative for everyone to be in the clubhouse at this time (7:45am)- we have a LOT of information to cover since our last time together.
- Christmas Camp Teams: Coordinators are working on christmas camp team lists (if you are curious how the teams are formed- it is completely random using a formula) and will be emailing them to you by the end of the week. A reminder that teams will be rotating in order to provide racers the opportunity to ski at least 1 day with every coach at their league level- I will communicate to you how this change will work.
- Your team: You are probably wondering “when you will find out which team you are coaching? ” Great question! Just as we will be posting the teams on Jan 1st at 12noon on the blog http://mhrcinfo.wordpress.com we will be posting coache allocations at the same time. Keeping this information quiet until the 1st of Jan will ensure that all racers and coaches are treated the same during camp.
I believe that is all for now. If you have any questions about this information, don’t hesitate to contact me directly. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and see you on Boxing Day!