Good morning coaches!
Something that Will, Kent and I wanted to implement this season was an opportunity for “ALL” coaches to set and run a session during the 8-week program. I have completed a tentative schedule for league coaches for Wednesday and Thursday evenings, please read: Coach setting assignment 2012- updated Jan 2, 2012.
Let me explain further:
1. Set-up crew works from 4:30-6:30pm to set-up the banner, netting, etc…
2. Coaches who’s name appears for that night will be responsible for:
– Sending me via email your lesson plans (including the set you will be doing) by the due date indicated in the attached file above. Please make sure that you chat with all the other coaches training that night and incorporate their training needs into your plan.
– Coming at least 1/2 an hour early (6pm) to set the course with the help of the set-up crew.
– Run an on-snow session with all the coaches from 6:30-7:00pm where you will be explaining the focus for the evening and where your set fits in.
– Responsible for running a debrief session at the end of the night (9:30-9:45pm) in the clubhouse while folks change to head home. Please cover how your plan was executed, its success, comments on how teams and coaches were doing with the set… any changes you made or would have made throughout the night, etc…
And that is all.
Pretty simple right? This way, everyone has the opportunity to set and run a session which will help with your coach development. If you need any help with developping your lesson, please make use of the reference materials in the clubhouse (on the shelves near the projector screen) or ask myself, Kent or Will for assistance. A reminder that your lesson/plan for the night including your discipline of choice must be emailed me to by the Sunday night prior to your week assigned- this way I can compile a training plan for the week and include it on the weekly update both on the coach and parents blog.
Any questions, please ask? if you are unavailable for your week, let me know and I can make some changes. Please note that any further changes to this document will be made and the most current version will be saved under the “docs to go section”.