A few updates for this week:
1. Dryland begins this Sunday 10am. Please join us if you are keen in getting in shape for the ski season!
2. Make sure to have looked at the important dates on the calendar for training, etc… on the BLOG. do let me know if you have any conflicts.
3. A few of you have been emailing me re: Stratton trip; I promise that I will provide details as soon as I have them! I hope that we can nail down details this week so we can promote registration at dry land.
4. If you have not yet paid your dues, please do so asap. A reminder that everyone MUST complete educational and risk management credits in order to be licensed for the season. A reminder that it is NOT enough to just pay your dues, you must also complete these credits in order to be ensured as a coach for the ski season. For those of you signing up for your CSCF level 1 coaching course, your membership dues and your licensing requirements are included in the fee of the course for the 1st season- you will have to worry about this next season!
5. I highly encourage you all to register for the RaceLINE articles if you have not yet done so. This is a great way to stay updated on what is happening at a high level in AOA.
6. Coaches’s Conference is happening on Fri October 28 & 29. We would like to ensure that we have a good MHRC representation at this conference so do please take a look at your schedule and see if you can attend. Please send me an email if you plan on attending so I know who will be there from our club.
7. Planning on attending a coaching course this season? If so, please send me an email letting me know when you think you will be attending and which course you are interested in… a reminder that the club does reserve some funds for dedicated and senior coaches who wish to continue their professional development.
8. Prospective apprentices- please ensure that you have submitted your resume and cover letter to me via email along with your interest to apprentice for the 2011-12 season. Please do take a look at the required dates for training on the calendar in “important dates”. do let me know if there are any conflicts.
9. Our ski swap is fast approaching and as you know, we are always looking for some wonderful and keen volunteers like yourselves! so please read the info below and email the correct person if you are interested in volunteering:
For those of you who haven’t experienced this event…. the MHRC Swap is the
2nd largest in Ontario….. run by volunteers from our club, Glen Eden staff
and our partners (Corbett’s and McMaster Sports). It is our largest
fund-raising activity; without it our program fees would increase
I ask that you look at the duties and work-shifts below…. choose
something that suits you and contact Erin by e-mail at
We will offer training on Thursday evening for those of you who have not
Thanks in advance for your support.
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 3rd – 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 4th – 9 am to 5 pm
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 4th – 5 pm to 10 pm
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 5th – 9 am to 1 pm
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 5th – 1 pm to 5 pm
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 6th – 9 am to 3 pm
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 6th – 3 pm to 6 pm
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 6th – 6 pm to 8 pm
That is all for now
I will be back with some more updates shortly so do make sure that you are checking in the blog on a daily basis as I will be increasing my posting frequency from now on! Also, if you have not already done so, you can “subscribe to the blog” which means that you will receive an email alert every time a new post has been published- this way you can stay updated ALL the time!
thanks everyone and looking forward to seeing many of you at the hill soon!